All content on this blog is under copyright protection from its inception in June 2012 through the present date. ©dressfortheprom.com, 2014. All Rights Reserved.
Unauthorized use and / or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts of some content and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to dressfortheprom.com with appropriate and specific links to the exact page and link where this original content was found. Content cannot be used without proper credit by specific link back to this blog, and imagery found within this site should never be reused without first requesting permission. If you would like to share an image from this site, please request permission. Template style and content topics are also protected under this copyright and should not be imitated.
Sources and Sharing Policies
Unless otherwise noted, Dress for the Prom does not own any the rights of the distinct images featured within the collages on this site, therefore, other products, photographs, artwork or any other intellectual property not created by Dress for the Prom are credited to the original source and retailer. The collective words and resulting work of the collages are our copyrighted work. We rely on publicly-available images found through our third party blogging resources, and other online sources where royalty-free use of these images is permitted. We adhere to the sharing and re-posting terms and conditions of those sites, and assume that if an image is found at these sites, it has been approved for use and distribution in this manner with proper credit given according to the terms of Fair Use. In some cases, Dress for the Prom has obtained permission directly from the image owner to display the image here, or on those sharing sites. All style-inspiration layouts are created by Dress for the Prom’s editor or contributors, and therefore are considered original works and the property of this site, and should not to be shared without proper credit so that the original sources and context is intact.
We take proper copyright protocol seriously, and every image or product we feature will be properly credited and linked to the original resource where the image or product was found, and where it can be purchased. If you believe an image in improperly credited, please contact us via our parent blog at editors [at] dressforthewedding [dot]com so that we may update the source correct the issue or remove the link.
We encourage you to share our content through social media, but when a layout, vignette, collection, or set that Dress for the Prom has created is shared, we ask that you attribute the image back to original post on Dress for the Prom so that it will be viewed in correct context with the intended credits.
This Agreement includes your rights, obligations and restrictions regarding your use of the Dress for the Prom Services. If you do not agree with the Terms of this Agreement, you should leave the Dress for the Prom Website. If you wish to submit comments to posts or communicate with other users you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the content submission process.
Dress for the Prom may modify this Agreement from time to time and each modification will be effective when it is posted on the Dress for the Prom Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement through your continued use of the Dress for the Prom Services. You will not be notified of any modifications to this Agreement so it is important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains some material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, some elements of the design, layout, look, copy, appearance and some graphics. Reproduction especially without attribution is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• Other copyright or trademarked works reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, Dress for the Prom are acknowledged and attributed back to the original source on the website, and should not be reproduced by anyone else without permission directly from those sources. Dress for the Prom does not claim any ownership rights to the images, photos, or any other materials from other sources that may be included on the site. These sources include items featured in sets created on Polyvore, and inspiration boards from Pinterest, other blogs, or other images for which we have received direct permission from the image owner to use for a specific purpose on this site. Dress for the Prom adheres to the procedures for Fair Use guidelines for bloggers and the terms outlined on these sites for proper use of these images.
• Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document unless prior written consent has been given, or in the case where proper credit is given via link back to this site.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.
Dress for the Prom is a Non-Transactional Site. There are no financial transactions actually handled by Dress for the Prom, even in the shopping pages and posts. We do not have access to, or store any private financial data related to a transaction. When a reader clicks a retail link or affiliate link that reader is referred to a site out of this domain and is therefore subject to all terms and conditions of use for that retailer’s website.
Personal Endorsement. Unless otherwise noted, I do not personally own, nor have I personally inspected the items on this site for quality. Therefore, no warranty of quality or personal endorsement besides the visual appeal of the image I’ve shown is implied and this blog cannot be held liable for any purchase or defect. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question. Featured products are selected because they fit my aesthetic and style, because they are suitable attire, and I feel the product would be of interest to my readership.
Dress for the Prom is committed to protecting your privacy and does not share, trade, sell or allow access of your personal or financial information to any third parties. We reserve the right to disclose information about general subscriber usage of our website and any related services through Google Analytics. Any information disclosed is in the form of aggregate data accumulated through Google Analytics that does not depict, describe or identify any individual user.
We may also collect the following information from you if you willingly provide it via a form on our site or email signup:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be retained.
This website/blog is intended as an informative, inspirational and collaborative place where positive people come together to talk about Prom fashion, guest etiquette and will share creativity, stories, and Prom inspiration. The site is meant as an encouraging forum for fashion assistance and as a vehicle to inspire.
All constructive, respectful, and kind comments are welcomed.
Comments that are deemed offensive to the site, editors, other readers or commenters, or are found to be are entirely self-promotional, or a form of any kind of spam, will be held and deleted and, as a result, your comment account may be removed. The editor of this blog reserves the right to edit, delete, or not publish any comment and to block commenter(s) who have previously published offensive comments or spam.